The Institute of Incorporated Public Accountants (IIPA) is a community of qualified, experienced and practical accountants dedicated to the success of its members. However, the IIPA is more than just a membership organisation, we are your professional home. We support you at every stage of your accounting career and we are at the forefront in representing your interests with government, business and within the accountancy profession.
So what does the IIPA provide?
- Professional registration with the IIPA demonstrates that you have achieved a post-graduate level of education, and gained training and experience to become an accounting professional
- The right to describe yourself as an “Incorporated Public Accountant” and to use the designatory letters “AIPA” or “FIPA” communicates to the world that you are a professional of high standing and repute
- After qualification Incorporated Public Accountants continue on a learning path of ongoing Career Development ensuring that you maintain the standing you have so deservedly earned.
- Can transform your life
- Prepare yourself for a great career
- International recognition and career opportunities – travel
For Your Professional Role
- Your will receive ongoing technical insight through our nationwide CPD offering and the Technical section of our website.
- Your interests will be represented at all levels. Representations made by the IIPA in recent times have included:
- Meetings with the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation
- Meeting the heads / senior staff of the Irish Auditing and Accounting Supervisory Authority, the Companies Registration Office, the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement; the Central Bank, the Department of Social Protection, the Department of Finance, to name just a few
- Representing IIPA members across the profession to ensure that the needs of the members of the IIPA
- Technical, ethical, legal and tax help is available to all members by phone or email during office hours.
- The Institute provides opportunities to network and connect with other Incorporated Public Accountants
- Access to high quality template working papers, audit and accounting programmes (additional fee may apply)
What makes us unique
Our small size means that you will get to know the IIPA – we will not just be a faceless head office far away. Because of this we are closer to our Members, we are accessible and we are always willing to listen. Throughout your career you will enjoy the ongoing support, resources and opportunities IIPA provides. Plus you will benefit from the amazing connections you make with fellow Incorporated Public Accountants, and a network to call upon to exchange ideas and get things done.
We will also provide access to a number of additional registrations and qualifications including Accounting and Audit Practising Registration, our Diploma in Corporate Insolvency and Restructuring Practice and our Certificate in Personal Insolvency Practice. Many of these are a prerequisite for progressing your career in important areas such as accounting practice, statutory audit, business insolvency and personal insolvency.