Three years appropriate training and experience is an important part of becoming a Incorporated Public Accountant. However, the IIPA does not prescribe where a student obtains this training and experience, nor do we prescribe when it is obtained. There are a number of key areas where training might be obtained, including:
- Accounts Preparation;
- Financial Reporting for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Companies;
- Costing, Budgeting and Management Accounting;
- Statutory and Internal Auditing;
- Financial Management; and
- Organisational and Strategic Management.
This is not an exhaustive list, nor will a student necessarily be required to have all of the content of this list (other than where such training is required by law for appointment as a Statutory Auditor).